We are looking for an Event Co-ordinator.
Organisation: A not for profit business operating in the disability sector in Queensland.
Position: The Event Co-ordinator will primarily be responsible for managing regional events throughout Queensland.
- Research regional Queensland markets to identify Event opportunities
- Produce detailed proposals for events, including timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets.
- Securing and booking suitable venue or location
- Ensure insurance, legal, health and safety obligations are adhered to.
- Co-ordinate venue management, caterers, stand designers, contractors and equipment hire.
- Where necessary organise facilities for car parking, traffic control, security, first aid, hospitality and the media.
- Identify and secure speakers or special guests.
- Plan venue layouts.
- Co-ordinate staffing requirements and staff briefings.
- Liaise with Endeavour creative studio to design brand theme and all collateral material that may include tickets, posters and catalogues.
- Oversee the preparation of the venue for the event.
- Co-ordinate with suppliers, contractors and caterers on the day of the event.
- Oversee the dismantling and removal of event and clearing the venue efficiently.
- Post event evaluation producing analysis and reports.
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Event Management.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a similar role, particularly in the not for profit sector.
- Ability to manager stakeholder relations.
- Ability to plan, prioritise and manage own activities.
- Budget management and control.
- Superior interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- A commitment to excellence and professionalism.
- Availability to work extended hours.
- Ability to undertake regular regional travel.
Please contact Glenda Stenner on 3832 4066 or email your resume to email@example.com